Enrico Santini continues to turn out impressive wines in the full-bodied generous style that is typical of Bolgheri. Antonio GalloniWine Advocate 2008
Enrico Santini was born and raised in the area of Bolgheri.
His decision to plant vineyards and dedicate his life developed out of his love for
the land and the microclimate of this spectacular Tuscan coastal area.
This passion influenced his decision to implement organic practices within his vineyards, a further conviction on the part of Enrico to achieve a perfect harmony between the vine and terroir, thus obtaining the maximum results imaginable between the combination of these elements.
The estate produced its first wines in 1999 but was quickly recognized as one of the future stars under the Bolgheri appellation.
Passion that leads to a new life
- Enrico Santini spent 15 years working in the supermarket industry before leaving to work for a friend’s winery.
- After three years Enrico ventured out on his own – with no winery, no vineyards, no tools and, as he puts it, mortgages enough for two lives.
- Enrico planted his first vineyard in 1998 and transformed the garage and basement of his home into a winery.
- The vineyards are farmed organically, and Enrico is able to severely limit the use of copper sulphates and sulfur.
- The vineyards are planted as follows: a 17 acre plot of Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Syrah, Sangiovese and Petit Verdot; a 5 acre plot of Vermentino and Sauvignon Blanc.